Sunday, October 27, 2002

Sunday Morning Quarterbacking.
So NOW the sun comes back!

Last night was our annual family tailgate/Big Ten football game party. We live here in Go Green country in the shadow of Michigan State University's Spartan Stadium. Last night's game was between MSU and Wisconsin, a match-up that looked fairly even in our pre-season arrangement of tickets. Unfortunately, this isn't pre-season. Our poor Spartans. With our first-string quarterback suspended Thursday night for an as yet unnamed infraction of team rules (you can just imagine the rumours running) and a coach who seems a bit befuddled, we had to be happy with a 24-42 loss.

But the rain held off, the temperature actually rose a little at game time (up to almost 45) and the hot chocolate was perfect. The food and libations and chatter at the tailgate party were the usual fun. Boo and Ruby, who know everyone, had several friends stop by our set-up. One of them was a young man I had worked with 25 years ago. He recognized me: when he told me his name I said "why you're supposed to be a young kid". Duh. I AM getting old.